“OK!!!” by Yuta Kimura
We carry out detailed checks before each performance.
We check the position of our equipment, our drumsticks, the tuning of the drums, and so on…
When everything is in position, we say “Pre-Set OK!”
One of the things I really like about Kodo since entering the group is that everyone handles the drums with a great deal of care.
Everyone pays attention to the condition of the skins, of course, but Kodo performers also wipe the drums before the performance so they look beautiful when we take the stage.
One of the more senior members once told me, “Be prepared for anything that could possibly happen.”
No matter where I am, what kind of venue, or who is coming to watch us perform, one thing is constant: I make sure I always do a thorough pre-performance check so I can deliver my best performance.
We still have many places left to visit on our North America tour.
We want our sentiments to reach the audience through our sound.
With that in mind, we carefully prepare for every performance until we can say with confidence:
Coming Up Next:
- Feb 26 (Tue), 2019 Midland Center for the Arts, Midland, Michigan, USA
- Feb 28 (Thu), 2019 Symphony Center Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Mar 1 (Fri), 2019 The Palladium, Carmel, Indiana, USA
- Mar 2 (Sat), 2019 Krannert Center’s Tryon Festival Theatre, Urbana, Illinois, USA [SOLD OUT]
- Mar 4 (Mon), 2019 Spaulding Auditorium at Hopkins Center for the Arts, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA