Kodo is holding performances in Japan, which have strict measures in place to minimize the risk of infection with COVID-19 and the spread of this virus. These measures are based on government and local authority policies, along with guidelines from Japan’s National Public Cultural Facilities Association and other authorities.
We will do our utmost to ensure your safety when you come to the venue so you can relax and enjoy our performance. We will prepare for each performance with meticulous attention to making sure all guidelines are followed.
For more about Kodo’s current situation, see here.
Audience Information and Requests
Before you purchase your ticket(s), please note the following:
- ● Seat numbers are restricted at each venue, so please check with the venue for available seats.
- ● Due to seating restrictions, in some cases you will not be able to purchase side-by-side seating.
- ● If restrictions change, the venue may release extra seats for sale.
If you plan to attend a Kodo performance, we ask that you kindly follow the requests listed below. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, please wear a mask, follow cough etiquette, use hand sanitizer, and practice physical distancing.
- Please note that we are unable to accept flowers or gifts addressed to the cast or staff. We are also unable to offer meet-and-greets and kindly ask you to refrain from waiting for the cast or staff near the artist entrance.
- Before you enter the venue, your temperature will be checked with a non-contact thermometer or by thermography. Anyone with a temperature of 37.5℃ or above will not be admitted.
- On the day of the performance, please refrain from attending if you have any symptoms of illness such as a temperature of 37.5℃ or above, a cough, or a sore throat.
- If you have visited a country or region within the past 14 days from which the government has restricted entry, or from which the government has deemed it necessary to monitor your health upon reentry to Japan, please refrain from attending the concert or coming to the venue.
- If you have been unwell at all during the two weeks leading up to a Kodo performance, before coming to the venue, please contact the inquiries phone number for the concert you plan to attend to discuss your situation.
- If you feel unwell while you are at the venue, please tell a member of the venue staff or Kodo staff promptly.
- If you become ill or infected with COVID-19 within two weeks after the performance, please inform Kodo promptly. (Tel. 0259-86-3630 / Contact Form)
Kodo Cast and Staff COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- All Kodo Group members and Kodo apprentices check their temperature twice a day and report it to their supervisor.
Additionally, all touring cast and staff members check their temperature one hour before travel to a new destination or to a concert venue.
- If any cast or staff member develops a temperature of 37.5℃ or above, or any symptoms of infection, we will contact the health authorities immediately and take appropriate actions in line with their orders.
- During tours, Kodo cast and staff members will take safety precautions that include:
⋅ avoiding crowded places.
⋅ wearing masks and following cough etiquette.
⋅ frequently washing and disinfecting their hands.
⋅ using disinfectant to sanitize facilities where they work and stay.
COVID-19 Prevention Measures at Kodo Performance Venues
For each of our upcoming performances, we add the link to the venue’s COVID-19 countermeasures if they are available online.
This information is usually in Japanese only. If you have any specific concerns, please contact Kodo via this contact form for assistance.
We will update the content above as required. Please check the Latest News section of our homepage for updates.
Current as of Apr. 28, 2021
Inquiries: Contact Kodo via this contact form or Tel. 0259-86-3630 (English assistance by phone is subject to availability)
Office Hours: Weekdays 9:30–17:00 (JST)