Kodo’s Response to COVID-19 Pandemic | Concert Venue Measures and Requests (Updated: Oct. 7, 2022)
Kodo is holding performances in Japan, which have strict measures in place to minimize the risk of infection with COVID-19 and the spread of this virus. These measures are based on government and local authority policies, along with guidelines from Japan’s National Public Cultural Facilities Association and other authorities.
We will do our utmost to ensure your safety when you come to the venue so you can relax and enjoy our performance. We will prepare for each performance with meticulous attention to making sure all guidelines are followed.
For more about Kodo’s current situation, see here.
Audience Information and Requests
Before you purchase your ticket(s), please note the following:
- ● Some venues have capacity restrictions in place.
- ● You may not be able to purchase side-by-side seating at venues with capacity restrictions.
- ● If restrictions change, the venue may release extra seats for sale.
If you plan to attend a Kodo performance, we ask that you kindly follow the requests listed below. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please sanitize your hands when you enter the venue.
- Please try to maintain a distance of 1m from the people around you when you queue to enter and exit the venue.
- Please let staff check your temperature as you enter the venue. Please note that anyone who has a high temperature or visible signs of COVID-19-like symptoms will not be admitted.
- Please refrain from talking in a loud voice or cheering inside the venue.
- We are unable to accept flowers or gifts addressed to the cast or staff.
- We are unable to offer meet-and-greets and kindly ask you to refrain from waiting for the cast or staff near the artist entrance.
- If requested on the day, please help us avoid crowding by waiting in your seat after the performance until your section is directed by staff to exit.
- If you feel unwell while you are at the venue, please tell a member of the venue staff or Kodo staff and exit the venue promptly.
On the day of the performance, please refrain from attending if:
- you have COVID-19, or you think you may have COVID-19
- you are a close contact of a known or suspected COVID-19 case
- you have any cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms such as a temperature of 37.5℃ or above, a cough, or a sore throat, etc.
Kodo Cast and Staff COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- All Kodo Group members and Kodo apprentices check their temperature every morning.
Additionally, all touring cast and staff members check their temperature one hour before travel to a new destination or to a concert venue and report it to their supervisor.
- If any cast or staff member develops a temperature of 37.5℃ or above, or any symptoms of infection, we will contact the health authorities immediately and take appropriate actions in line with their orders.
- During tours, Kodo cast and staff members will take safety precautions that include:
⋅ avoiding crowded places.
⋅ wearing masks and following cough etiquette.
⋅ frequently washing and disinfecting their hands.
⋅ using disinfectant to sanitize facilities where they work and stay.
COVID-19 Prevention Measures at Kodo Performance Venues
For each of our upcoming performances, we add the link to the venue’s COVID-19 countermeasures if they are available online.
This information is usually in Japanese only. If you have any specific concerns, please contact Kodo via this contact form for assistance.
We will update the content above as required. Please check the Latest News section of our homepage for updates.
Current as of Oct. 7, 2022
Inquiries: Contact Kodo via this contact form or Tel. 0259-86-3630 (English assistance by phone is subject to availability)
Office Hours: Weekdays 9:30–17:00 (JST)