It’s April and in Japan that means the start of a new business and school year. I’m sure many of you have had a fresh start in a new environment this month.
We’ve recently finished our North America “Evolution” tour and Interactive Performances in Japan and returned to Sado Island. Right now, we are busy preparing for our upcoming tours and concerts this spring, as well as future works.
From May, we’re going to be touring with “Kodo One Earth Tour 2019: Michi” throughout Japan for the rest of the year.
It’s going to be a soul-stirring, invigorating two-hour program featuring Kodo standards such as Monochrome, Miyake, O-daiko, and Yatai-bayashi. As director, I’ve also included some of my favorite classics like The Hunted and HITOTSU, and we’ve created some brand new numbers, too!
We’ve reworked and refined the content since last year, and we are already looking forward to seeing it evolve with each performance on tour.
The cast ranges from senior to junior Kodo members who all bring their own unique sound and energy to the stage. I really hope you’ll come along to see “Michi” at one of the many theaters on our tour to experience this rousing program firsthand.
- May 24 (Fri), 2019 Tamashin Risuru Hall (Large Hall) [Tachikawa Civic Hall], Tachikawa, Tokyo
- May 25 (Sat), 2019 Saitama Hall Main Theater, Saitama City
- May 30 (Thu), 2019 Tokyo Electron Hall Miyagi, Sendai, Miyagi
- Jun 1 (Sat), 2019 Oshu City Cultural Hall (Z Hall), Oshu, Iwate
- Jun 2 (Sun), 2019 Akita City Cultural Center Main Hall, Akita City
- Jun 7 (Fri), 2019 Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater hitaru, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Jun 9 (Sun), 2019 Coach and Four Kushiro Culture Hall, Kushiro, Hokkaido
- Jun 10 (Mon), 2019 Obihiro Civic Cultural Hall, Obihiro, Hokkaido
- Jun 22 (Sat), 2019 – Jun 23 (Sun), 2019 Morinomiya Piloti Hall, Osaka City
- Sep.–Dec. information in English coming soon.
- Dec 18 (Wed), 2019 – Dec 22 (Sun), 2019 Bunkyo Civic Hall Main Hall, Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo