“My Two-Year Road to Redemption” by Yuta Kimura
February 1st, Moscow, Russia. The European tour is offically underway. In addition, I have reached a personal milestone. Allow me to elaborate (but not too much).
For the last European tour I was a junior member. I was inexperienced and I discovered that there are some aspects of life on the road, away from the performances, where I was completely clueless. So then, experience became my teacher and it was a very harsh one.
In a nutshell: I made mistakes. Small mistakes, big mistakes? (I hear you asking.) How do we judge these things? In this case, the actions were indeed small, yet, in terms of the level of humiliation I felt – it was huge. Therefore, I became determined to redeem myself, my reputation and self image.
I decided that I would focus and work really hard, so that when I next returned to Europe, my ‘errors’ would be behind me, firmly in the context of ‘an understandably naive action’. (It is actually quite funny on reflection, apologies that no details are being offered, at least not by me.)
It is strange and interesting how the low points in our lives can become turning points. Today I can look back on my younger self with forgiveness and gratitude.
It is the same voice of experience that can confidently say ‘this tour is going to be a completely joyous experience’.
Where is Kodo performing next? (February 6, 2020)
- Compensa Hall Vilnius［Vilnius, Lithuania］ (to Google Earth)
- Feb 6 (Thu), 2020 Compensa Hall Vilnius, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Feb 9 (Sun), 2020 Concert Hall Vatroslav Lisinski, Zagreb, Croatia
- Feb 11 (Tue), 2020 Salle Pleyel, Paris, France
- Feb 13 (Thu), 2020 The Anvil, Basingstoke, United Kingdom
- Feb 14 (Fri), 2020 Warwick Arts Centre, Butterworth Hall, Warwick, United Kingdom
- Feb 16 (Sun), 2020 Lighthouse, Poole, United Kingdom
- Feb 18 (Tue), 2020 Tonhalle Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Feb 23 (Sun), 2020 – Feb 24 (Mon), 2020 Concertgebouw Brugge, Bruges, Belgium –Special Concert “‘Kodo Meets The Voices of South Africa”–
- Feb 28 (Fri), 2020 – Feb 29 (Sat), 2020 Le Grand Théâtre de Provence, Aix-en-Provence, France
- Mar 3 (Tue), 2020 – Mar 4 (Wed), 2020 Teatro Dal Verme, Milan, Italy
- Mar 7 (Sat), 2020 Teatro Verdi, Florence, Italy
- Mar 9 (Mon), 2020 Auditorium Parco della Musica – Sala Santa Cecilia, Rome, Italy
- Mar 11 (Wed), 2020 Theater Casino Zug, Zug, Switzerland
- Mar 13 (Fri), 2020 – Mar 14 (Sat), 2020 Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London, United Kingdom
- Mar 15 (Sun), 2020 Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Mar 18 (Wed), 2020 Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra (NOSPR) Concert Hall, Katowice, Poland
- Mar 21 (Sat), 2020 – Mar 22 (Sun), 2020 Gasteig, Philharmonie, Munich, Germany
- Mar 26 (Thu), 2020 Kulturpalast Dresden, Dresden, Germany
- Mar 28 (Sat), 2020 Kultur- und Kongresszentrum Liederhalle, Stuttgart, Germany
- Apr 1 (Wed), 2020 Berliner Philharmonie, Berlin, Germany