Summer is on its way and I can feel the change of season in the air already.
The other day I went to Asakusa in Tokyo with Tsuyoshi. It was a holiday so Kaminari-mon Street was bustling with many tourists. When we glanced up, we saw that Asakusa had put “Kodo Spirited Summer” flags up all over the place!
Tsuyoshi and I visited many shops in Asakusa to say hello to the local supporters of our annual Asakusa concerts. Unfortunately, we found that many of the people we wanted to say hello to were not at work on this particular day, so we had to leave messages for them instead. We were pleased to see Mr. Hokari, the owner of Kaminari Okoshi Honpo!
This year marks the fifth year that Kodo has held back-to-back concerts in Asakusa. Every year the people of Asakusa help and support us in so many ways. Thanks to them, Asakusa is a very special place for all of us.
Our “Spirited Summer” tour begins on July 2 in Kyoto and will visit eleven cities throughout Japan. We will give performances in Asakusa from July 6 through 9. There are still tickets available, so please come along!
After the humid rainy season, everyone needs a boost. We hope you will join us in July for our invigorating “Spirited Summe” performances! See you soon!
- 2017.07.02 (Sun) Kyoto Performing Arts Center Shunjuza, Kyoto City
- 2017.07.06 (Thu) – 2017.07.09 (Sun) Asakusa Public Hall, Taito Ward, Tokyo
- 2017.07.11 (Tue) Sinfonia Technology Hibiki Hall Ise, Ise, Mie
- 2017.07.15 (Sat) Miyoshi City Cultural Center SUNART, Miyoshi, Aichi
- 2017.07.17 (Mon) Kurobe City International Culture Center COLARE (Carter Hall), Kurobe, Toyama
- 2017.07.19 (Wed) Kakamigahara Shimin Kaikan, Kakamigahara, Gifu
- 2017.07.22 (Sat) Kurashiki Geibunkan, Kurashiki, Okayama
- 2017.07.23 (Sun) Matsuyama Shimin Kaikan, Matsuyama, Ehime
- 2017.07.26 (Wed) The Grand Hall, Kurume City Plaza, Kurume, Fukuoka
- 2017.07.29 (Sat) Medikit Arts Center (Miyazaki Prefectural Art Theater), Miyazaki City
- 2017.07.30 (Sun) Houzan Hall (Kagoshima Prefectural Culture Center), Kagoshima City