Kodo 40th Anniversary Commemorative Performance III
“Kodo One Earth Tour 2022: Warabe” September Japan Tour
Let your soul dance to the rhythm of life.
In Japanese, the word “Kodo” holds a double meaning. It can be translated as “heartbeat,” the primal source of all rhythm. However, our group’s name is written with different characters, which mean “drum” and “child.” This reflects Kodo’s desire to play the drums with the simple heart of a child. For our 40th anniversary, we created two works based on our name: “Tsuzumi” takes its name and theme from the drum character, and “Warabe” from the child element.
In “Warabe,” Kodo looks to its classic repertoire and aesthetics from the ensemble’s early days. This production blends simple forms of taiko expression that celebrate the unique sound, resonance, and physicality synonymous with Kodo—forever children of the drum at heart.
Come and experience the soul-stirring rhythm of life firsthand.
This work is touring throughout Japan from Nov. 2021 through Sep. 2022.
Eiichi Saito, Kenta Nakagome, Shogo Komatsuzaki, Yuta Sumiyoshi, Koki Miura, Ryotaro Leo Ikenaga, Reo Kitabayashi, Masayasu Maeda, Seita Saegusa, Yuki Hirata※, Chie Yamawaki, Taiyo Onoda, Shun Takuma, Moe Niiyama, Jumpei Nonaka
*Subject to change without notice.
※Yuki Hirata will only appear in performances from Sep. 17 (Kumamoto) through Sep. 25 (Yamaguchi).
- Sep 3 (Sat), 2022 Nagano City Arts Center (Main Hall), Nagano City
- Sep 4 (Sun), 2022 Kanra-machi Bunka Kaikan Hall, Kanra, Gunma
- Sep 9 (Fri), 2022 Kurashiki Geibunkan, Kurashiki, Okayama
- Sep 11 (Sun), 2022 Reed ＆ Rose (Main Hall), Fukuyama Hall of Art ＆ Culture, Fukuyama, Hiroshima
- Sep 13 (Tue), 2022 Nanyo Bunka Kaikan (Main Hall), Uwajima, Ehime
- Sep 17 (Sat), 2022 Uto Civic Hall, Uto, Kumamoto
- Sep 18 (Sun), 2022 Patria Hita (Main Hall), Hita, Oita [CANCELED]
- Sep 19 (Mon), 2022 Houzan Hall (Kagoshima Prefectural Culture Center), Kagoshima City
- Sep 25 (Sun), 2022 Kikukawa Community Hall (Avenir), Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi [POSTPONED]