Kodo 40th Anniversary Commemorative Performance III
“Kodo One Earth Tour 2022: Warabe” May–July Japan Tour
Let your soul dance to the rhythm of life.
In Japanese, the word “Kodo” holds a double meaning. It can be translated as “heartbeat,” the primal source of all rhythm. However, our group’s name is written with different characters, which mean “drum” and “child.” This reflects Kodo’s desire to play the drums with the simple heart of a child. For our 40th anniversary, we created two works based on our name: “Tsuzumi” takes its name and theme from the drum character, and “Warabe” from the child element.
In “Warabe,” Kodo looks to its classic repertoire and aesthetics from the ensemble’s early days. This production blends simple forms of taiko expression that celebrate the unique sound, resonance, and physicality synonymous with Kodo—forever children of the drum at heart.
Come and experience the soul-stirring rhythm of life firsthand.
This work is touring throughout Japan from Nov. 2021 through Sep. 2022.
Eiichi Saito, Kenta Nakagome, Shogo Komatsuzaki, Yuta Sumiyoshi, Koki Miura, Ryotaro Leo Ikenaga, Reo Kitabayashi, Masayasu Maeda, Seita Saegusa, Chie Yamawaki, Taiyo Onoda, Shun Takuma, Moe Niiyama, Jumpei Nonaka
*Subject to change without notice.
- May 14 (Sat), 2022 Atsugi City Culture Hall (Main Hall), Atsugi, Kanagawa
- May 15 (Sun), 2022 Yachiyo-shi Civic Center Main Hall, Yachiyo, Chiba
- May 17 (Tue), 2022 Showa Women's University Hitomi Memorial Hall, Setagaya Ward, Tokyo
- May 21 (Sat), 2022 Tokorozawa Civic Cultural Centre Muse (Marquee Hall), Tokorozawa, Saitama
- May 22 (Sun), 2022 Wako Shimin Bunka Center Sun Azalea (Main Hall), Wako, Saitama
- May 25 (Wed), 2022 Chofu Green Hall (Main Hall), Chofu, Tokyo
- May 28 (Sat), 2022 Yaizu Cultural Center (Main Hall), Yaizu, Shizuoka
- May 29 (Sun), 2022 Mishima Citizens Cultural Center (Main Hall), Mishima, Shizuoka
- Jun 1 (Wed), 2022 Kuragi Cultural Hall, Matsusaka, Mie
- Jun 5 (Sun), 2022 Kuse Espace Center, Maniwa, Okayama
- Jun 7 (Tue), 2022 Ritto Center for Fine Arts Sakira (Main Hall), Ritto, Shiga
- Jun 10 (Fri), 2022 Tankaku Hall, Shingu City Culture Center, Shingu, Wakayama
- Jun 12 (Sun), 2022 Fenice Sacay (Sacay Performing Arts Center/Main Hall), Sakai, Osaka
- Jun 29 (Wed), 2022 Kimitsu Culture Hall (Main Hall), Kimitsu, Chiba
- Jul 2 (Sat), 2022 Tochigi Prefecture Cultural Center (Main Hall), Utsunomiya, Tochigi
- Jul 3 (Sun), 2022 Iwaki Performing Arts Center Alios (Main Hall), Iwaki, Fukushima
- Jul 9 (Sat), 2022 Ezuko Hall (Sennan Arts & Culture Center), Ogawara, Miyagi [SOLD OUT]
- Jul 10 (Sun), 2022 Hanamaki City Culture Hall, Hanamaki, Iwate [SOLD OUT]
- Jul 15 (Fri), 2022 Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater hitaru, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Jul 16 (Sat), 2022 Makubetsu-cho Centennial Hall, Makubetsu, Hokkaido
- Jul 17 (Sun), 2022 - Jul 18 (Mon), 2022 Furano Theater Factory, Furano, Hokkaido
- Jul 22 (Fri), 2022 Shibata Civic Cultural Center, Shibata, Niigata
- Jul 23 (Sat), 2022 Minami-uonuma Civic Hall, Minami-Uonuma, Niigata