Each day, new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are being reported around the world.
Below is an outline of the Kodo Group’s response to this global situation.
• We will discuss each upcoming Kodo performance with its presenter(s), taking the latest updates on the local situation into account. If the decision is made to cancel any concert, we will announce it immediately on our website.
• For workshops and other events where we will come in close contact with people, we will discuss each upcoming event with its presenter(s), taking the latest updates on the local situation into account. At events that go ahead as planned, we will implement procedures aimed at decreasing the risk of infection, such as sanitizing shared equipment. If any workshop or other Kodo-related event is canceled, we will announce it immediately on our website. The presenter will also contact the participants directly where possible.
• At Kodo Village, Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan), Kodo Apprentice Centre and our other facilities on Sado Island, as well as places we visit on tour or business trips, all Kodo members (performers and staff) have been instructed to strictly adhere to cough etiquette, to thoroughly wash their hands on a regular basis, and to gargle to prevent infection. All Kodo members will endeavor to minimize their risk of infection by using hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, and masks. Any member who becomes unwell will be encouraged to seek medical advice and do their utmost to avoid contact with others by staying at home, where they can rest or work remotely.
• From February 26, all Kodo members have been asked to check their temperature twice a day and report it to their supervisor.
• In line with Japanese government guidelines, all Kodo members who returned to Japan on March 18 from our Europe tour are required to spend two weeks in self isolation at home, report any movements to their supervisor, and continue to take care of their personal health and hygiene.
At this challenging time, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your continued support of our activities.
Kodo Taiko Performing Arts Ensemble
Kitamaesen Co., Ltd.
Kodo Cultural Foundation
February 26, 2020
Partially revised Mar. 18, 2020
Partially revised Mar. 20, 2020