From May through September this year, Kodo was scheduled to give 24 performances in 9 locations around Japan of a brand new production, Kodo x Robert Lepage “NOVA.”
However, the global pandemic caused the world premiere and tour to be canceled and this innovate work never reached the staged.
Over the past few months, archival footage of the making of this collaboration has been turned into a documentary, NOVA—Moments never to be forgotten. There are two versions: one in Japanese and one in English.
It’s a chance to step behind the scenes to see Kodo working with director Robert Lepage and Ex Machina to bring NOVA to life. With interviews with Lepage and scenes from the first and last run-through rehearsal of NOVA in late 2019, the film will show you what NOVA is all about.
Watch Documentary NOVA—Moments never to be forgotten
World Premiere Online Broadcast
• Date/Time: Aug. 23, 2020 (Sun) 14:06–15:06 JST/GMT +9 (Japanese version)
• Watch on: EC Youtube/Earth Celebration Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/EARTHCELEBRATION
※ The documentary will be broadcast during Earth Celebration 2020 online as part of the live festival programme.
※ After the premiere, the Japanese and English versions of the documentary will be available to watch on the Earth Celebration YouTube Channel for a limited time only, until Sep. 30, 2020.
World Premiere Theater Screenings in Tokyo
• Date: Aug. 23, 2020 (Sun)
• Time: Japanese version 17:00–18:00 / English version 19:00–20:00
• Venue: Global Ring Theatre, Ikebukuro West Exit Park Outdoor Theater
• Address: Nishi-Ikebukuro 1-chōme 8-26, Toshima Ward, Tokyo (See on Google Map)
• Venue Website: https://globalring-theatre.com/
• Free admission
※ Please note that the online and theater screening versions of this documentary are identical.