This spring, we are pleased to present our annual performance series on Sado Island for the sixth consecutive year. Join us at the newly restored Shukunegi Community Hall to enjoy a captivating Kodo performance directed by Tomohiro Mitome.
Note: Two unique events will be held in conjunction with these performances. Details are available on our Japanese website or by contacting Sado Island Taiko Centre.
*May 5 (Fri) 19:00 Fukaura Schoolhouse Dinner & Stay for Kodo no Kai Members
*May 6 (Sat) 9:30–13:00 Experience Traditional Rice Planting
Inquiries & Reservations: Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan) Email: email@example.com
Kodo Sado Island Performances in Shukunegi (2017)
Apr. 29 (Sat/Public Hol.)–May 6 (Sat), 2017 Shukunegi Community Hall, Ogi Peninsula, Sado Is., Niigata
- Apr. 29 (Sat/Public Hol.) 14:30
Apr. 30 (Sun) 11:00 **
May 1 (Mon) No performance
May 2 (Tue) No performance
May 3 (Wed/Public Hol.) 14:30
May 4 (Thu/Public Hol.) 11:00, 14:30 (2 performances)
May 5 (Fri/Public Hol.) 11:00, 14:30 (2 performances)
May 6 (Sat) 14:30
*Doors open 30 mins. before each performance. Running time is approx. one hour.
**On Apr. 30, there will be a private performance at 14:30 (TBC).
- Adults 3,500 yen, Children (ages 4–11) 1,500 yen
- [Kodo no Kai Member Price] Adults 3,000 yen, Children (ages 4–11) 1,000 yen
[Group Discount] 10% off each ticket for orders of 10 tickets or more
[Sado Resident Early-bird Discount] Adults 3,200 yen, Children (ages 4–11) 1,200 yen
Early-bird tickets are available Mar. 1 (Wed)—Mar. 31 (Fri) for people who live &/or work on Sado Island.
Note: Tickets for Kodo no Kai members, groups and Sado residents are only available at Kodo Ticket Service and Sado Island Taiko Centre.
- Adults 3,800 yen, Children (ages 4–11) 1,800 yen
- Seating Details:
- All free seating. (Capacity: Approx. 150 people per performance)
- Ticket Availability:
- Tickets on sale from Mar. 1 (Wed), 2017
- Ticket Outlets:
- For assistance in English, please contact Kodo Ticket Service (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kodo Ticket Service Tel. 0259-86-2330 (Mon–Fri, 9:30–17:00)
Kodo Ticket Service Reservation Site https://piagettii.e-get.jp/kodo/pt/ (Japanese website)
e+ (e-plus) http://eplus.jp (Japanese website)
JR East Japan View Plaza
Amusement Sado Tel. 0259-52-2001 (Tue.—Fri. 9:30—17:00)
Sado Island Taiko Centre Tel. 0259-86-2320 (Tue.—Sun. 9:30—17:00)
- Venue Access:
- 3-min. walk from “Shukunegi” bus stop on the Niigata Kotsu Sado Ogi Line.
By car: Approx. 15 mins. from Ogi Port, 45 mins. from Akadomari Port, 75 mins. from Ryotsu Port. 10-min. drive from Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan).
- Kodo Cultural Foundation Tel. 0259-81-4100 Email: email@example.com