“New Compositions for Kodo Special Concert 2017 ‘Michi’: #1 Shiun” by Mitsuru Ishizuka
New Compositions “Kodo Special Concert 2017 “Michi”: #1
As well as classic powerful pieces from Kodo’s repertoire, we will share some brand new compositions created by current Kodo members in the upcoming “Michi” performances.
Shiun was composed by petite powerful drummer Maya Minowa. Breaking free from Kodo’s firmly-rooted image of gentle, elaborate female performers, this piece arose from a discussion where I said I’d like to hear women playing taiko that is awe-inspiring, powerful, and uses all their willpower and physical power.
“Fighter Minowa” called on every fibre of her being to create this piece, and in “Michi” it will be performed by three young female performers: Maya, Mizuki, and Tomoe. They will drum with all their might! Come along to see how this new piece has turned out!
Don’t miss it!
*Cast is subject to change without notice.
Kodo Special Concert 2017 “Michi” (Japan)
- Mar. 18 (Sat), 2017 [14:00] Fussa Shimin Kaikan Dai-Hall (Mokusei Hall), Fussa, Tokyo
- Mar. 19 (Sun), 2017 [16:30] Kodaira Citizens Cultural Hall (Rune Kodaira Dai-Hall), Kodaira, Tokyo
- Mar. 20 (Mon/Public Hol.), 2017 [16:30] Ota Kumin Hall Apricot Dai-Hall, Ota Ward, Tokyo
- Mar. 25 (Sat), 2017 [13:30] Shin-Kabukiza Theater, Osaka City
- Mar. 25 (Sat), 2017 [18:30] Shin-Kabukiza Theater, Osaka City
- Mar. 26 (Sun), 2017 [13:30] Shin-Kabukiza Theater, Osaka City