"O-daiko Juku with Kodo's Yoshikazu Fujimoto" Six-Part Workshop Series
Join Kodo Distinguished Member Yoshikazu Fujimoto for all kinds of fun playing O-daiko, the largest taiko drum. His special "O-daiko Juku" is a six-part workshop series. We hope you'll take part!
*Workshops will be conducted in Japanese.
You can download the flier here (in Japanese only).
Workshop Flier PDF
O-daiko Juku with Kodo's Yoshikazu Fujimoto
- Schedule & Venues:
- Opening Ceremony & Workshop #1: Sep. 3 (Thu) 19:00–21:30 Chutan Bunka Kaikan
Workshop #2: Sep. 5 (Sat) 9:30–12:00 Takatsu Community Center
Workshop #3: Nov. 19 (Thu) 19:00–21:30 Chutan Bunka Kaikan
Workshop #4: Nov. 22 (Sun) 10:00–15:00 (TBC) (Suigen no Sato Mitsuno) Mitsuno Kominkan
Workshop #5: Feb. 24 (Wed), 2016 19:00–21:30 Chutan Bunka Kaikan
Workshop #6: Mar. 3 (Thu), 2016 19:00–21:30 Chutan Bunka Kaikan
Recital: Mar. 6 (Sun), 2016 13:00– Chutan Bunka Kaikan
*Yoshikazu Fujimoto & Yoko Fujimoto will perform as "Ninin-Angya" at the recital on Mar. 6.
*Note: The recital date and time has been amended.
- Venue Address:
- Chutan Bunka Kaikan: 21-20 Kyuta, Sato-cho, Ayabe, Kyoto
Takatsu Community Center: 8-1 Nishino-kaichi, Takatsu-cho, Ayabe, Kyoto
(Suigen no Sato Mitsuno) Mitsuno Kominkan: 13 Yurinomoto, Mitsuno-cho, Ayabe, Kyoto
- 30 people
- 22,000 yen (For six sessions plus a morning workshop and lunch on Nov. 22)
- Participant Requirements:
- Ages 12 & over with taiko experience (Must arrange own transport to workshop venues)
- Application Method:
- Please contact the organizers by telephone (only Japanese assitance is available) or email with your full name, address, age, gender, and years of taiko experience. Applications must be received by Aug. 31 (Mon), however applications will close earlier if the capacity is reached before this date.
There is also an online form for registration (Japanese) http://ws.formzu.net/fgen/S49707562
- Inquiries & Applications:
- Chutan Taiko Omotenashi-tai Office Tel. 090-1486-8586 (Ms. Fukui)