Kodo Appearance in "Tamasaburo Bando Special Performances"
Back to Past "News" Pages
Kodo will appear in the "Tamasaburo Bando Special Performances" at the Old Konpira Oshibai Kabuki Theater (Kanamaru-za) in Kotohira, Kagawa. The performances will be comprised of two acts and Kodo will appear in the second act.
The Old Konpira Oshibai Kabuki Theater (Kanamaru-za) was originally built in 1835 and is now the oldest theater in Japan. It is designated as a national Important Cultural Property and has been restored to its former Edo period glory.
You can download the flier here (in Japanese only).
Tamasaburo Bando Special Performances
October 31 (Thu) – November 10 (Sun) The Old Konpira Oshibai Kabuki Theater (Kanamaru-za), Nakatado, Kagawa
*Closed performance for JTB on Nov. 6 (Wed)
- First Half: Jiuta (two dances)
2. Yukari no Tsuki
- Second Half: Tamasaburo Bando and Kodo
3. Amaterasu Genso
- 15:00 *Except Nov. 3 (Start: 12:00)
- Advance / At-the-door:
- A-seats 19,000 yen, B-seats 14,000 yen
- Ticket Availability:
- Tickets sales start at 10:00 on Sep. 27 (Fri)
- Ticket Reservations:
- Ticket Phone Shochiku Tel. 0570-000-489
- Ticket Web Shochiku http://www1.ticket-web-shochiku.com/en/
- Venue Access:
- 20-min. walk from JR Kotohira Stn. on the Dosan Line, or Kotoden Kotohira Stn. on the Takamatsu Kotohira Electric Railroad Line.
- Venue Address:
- 1241 Otsu, Kotohira-cho, Nakatado, Kagawa
- Ticket Orders:
- Konpira Kabuki Office Tel. 0877-75-6714
- Package tours are available at the following travel agencies from 10:00 on August 23 (Fri).
JTB Chugoku/Shikoku Takamatsu Branch Tel. 087-851-3055
JR Shikoku “Tabi no Yoyaku Center” Tel. 087-825-1662