Kodo Taiko School – Online Orientation Sessions
We will be holding online orientation sessions for Kodo Taiko School via Zoom in Sep.
During these sessions, we will tell prospective participants more about the content and teaching methods we have planned for Kodo Taiko School. We will also answer questions about the course and test the online tools we will use during the course together. For anyone planning to take part, this is a chance for us to help you resolve any technical issues well before you dive into the course. Each session will have a group of up to 10 people and last approximately 30 minutes. These sessions are free and anyone is welcome to sign up, but if demand exceeds the capacity of a session, please note that priority will be given to people who have already applied to Kodo Taiko School, or inquired about the course.
Orientation Sessions in English:
Sep. 11 (Sat), 2021 Sessions: 10:00, 11:00, 20:00
Sep. 25 (Sat), 2021 Sessions: 11:00, 13:00
Orientation Sessions in Japanese:
Sep. 11 (Sat), 2021 Sessions: 10:00, 13:00
Sep. 25 (Sat), 2021 Sessions: 10:00, 12:00, 20:00
Sep. 11 (Sat), 2021 Sessions: Apply by Sep. 3 (Sat)23:59 (JST)
Sep. 25 (Sat), 2021 Sessions: Apply by Sep. 17 (Sat)23:59 (JST)
Note: All times and dates are Japan Standard Time.
- To participate in an orientation session, please register via the registration form available from Aug. 23, 2021.
- You can only participate in one session. On the form, please select ALL the possible dates/times for you to attend. After the deadline, you will be assigned to one of those sessions.
- One registration form is required per participant.
- If there are multiple participants attending from one place (eg: one household), each participant needs to attend using their own device.
- Participants will receive a Zoom link one week prior to their assigned orientation session date.
- Participants must be senior high school age (minimum of 15 years) or over with at least one year of experience playing taiko.