Motofumi Yamaguchi's Regular Shinobue Classes & Private Lessons in Niigata
Anyone who is eager to learn to play the shinobue (bamboo flute), or keen to improve, is welcome to take part in these classes in Niigata City.
*All classes and private lessons will be conducted in Japanese.
Motofumi Yamaguchi's Shinobue Classes & Private Lessons
2F Shrine Office, Kanbara Shrine, Niigata City
- Dates & Times:
- 1–2 times every month on Friday 4–8pm & Saturday 9–11am
- Everything related to playing the shinobue, from breathing technique right through to musical interpretation.
- Fees (per session):
- Beginners 6,000 yen (max. class size: 6 people / approx. 90 mins.)
Intermediate 8,000 yen (max. class size: 3 people / approx. 80 mins.)
Advanced 10,000 yen (one-on-one instruction only / approx. 60 mins.)
- Type of Flute Used in Class:
- Please bring a roppon-choshi (#6) nanako utamono (song type) shinobue.
If you don't have one, you can borrow one for the duration of the lesson for no extra charge. (Please ask for advice at your first lesson if you wish to purchase a shinobue.)
- Teaching Materials:
- Will be provided.
- *One-on-one lessons also available for beginners and intermediate students.
*For one-on-one lessons, you can play any scale (number) of utamono flute.
*Please choose your own class level for your first lesson, then let Motofumi Yamaguchi decide which class best suits your skills once he has heard you play.
- Venue Access:
- 15-min. walk from the Bandai Exit of JR Niigata Stn. (Parking available)
- Venue Address:
- 3-18 Nagamine-machi, Chuo Ward, Niigata City
- Inquiries & Reservations:
- Fugetsusha (M. & H. Yamaguchi) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax. 050-3737-6305
*Please do not contact the venue, Kanbara Shrine, with workshop inquiries or to make reservations.