“Kaden” features nine compositions from four recent “Kodo One Earth Tour” productions directed by Tamasaburo Bando: Legend, Mystery, Eternity, and Chaos. The tracks were captured with the latest high-resolution audio technology in a recording studio, allowing even the subtlest tones to interweave in unprecedented ways. Like a brand-new theater performance, this album creates a world of sound that promises to captivate and delight.
- KadenCD, Digital Download / 2016.12.21 / OD-018This studio recording harnesses the latest high-resolution audio technology to uniquely capture nine compositions from recent Kodo productions directed by Tamasaburo Bando.Details »
- EternityBlu-ray, DVD / 2015.6.6 / OD-013, OD-014Artistic director Tamasaburo Bando’s third production, “Eternity,” recorded live at Bunkyo Civic Hall, Tokyo, Japan. This is Kodo’s first-ever Blu-ray release.Details »
- MysteryCD, Digital Download / 2014.12.19 / OD-011This studio recording captures the unique world of music created for Kodo “Mystery,” directed by Tamasaburo Bando. All eight tracks are original compositions, each one a piercing ray of light from within a sacred world of darkness.Details »
- LegendDVD / 2014.6.21 / OD-009Artistic director Tamasaburo Bando’s production “Kodo One Earth Tour: Legend,” recorded live at Asakusa Public Hall, Tokyo, Japan.Details »
- Honoka [Live]Digital Download / 2014.5.27 / OD-010Digital album of “Kodo 30th Anniversary One Earth Tour 2011” performance, recorded live at Aoyama Theatre, Tokyo, Japan.Details »
- HonokaDVD / 2012.5.10 / OD-007“Kodo 30th Anniversary One Earth Tour 2011” performance, recorded live at Aoyama Theatre, Tokyo, Japan.Details »
- AkatsukiCD, Digital Download / 2012.2.10 / OD-006Kodo 30th Anniversary Special Album. All 11 tracks recorded at Kodo Village. Features Honoka, a piece specially composed to commemorate the centennial of artist Taro Okamoto.Details »
- DADANDVD / 2010.5.10 / OD-003Artistic director Tamasaburo Bando’s “DADAN” performance, recorded live at Setagaya Public Theatre, Tokyo, Japan.Details »
- Heartbeat Best of KODO 25th AnniversaryCD / 2006.11.22 / SICL 155Kodo’s 25th Anniversary “Best of” Album. Selection of 14 tracks released between 1989 and 2005, newly edited and remastered.Details »
- prism rhythmCD / 2005.7.20 / SICL 10003Original album recorded at Kodo Village. Features Jazztronik remix of Hazumi.Details »
- One Earth Tour SpecialDVD / 2004.4.7 / SIBL 1Live recording of artistic director Tamasaburo Bando’s “One Earth Tour Special” performance, arranged for DVD. Bonus Feature: To Sado and Beyond (Sado eSpecial Version)
- One Earth Tour SpecialCD / 2004.3.24 / SICL 10001Live recording of artistic director Tamasaburo Bando’s “One Earth Tour Special” performance, arranged for CD.
- HEROCD / 2003.7.16 / SICC 126Original motion picture soundtrack for “Hero,” starring Jet Li.
- Mondo HeadCD / 2001.10.11 / SICP 1Produced by Mickey Hart, this collaborative work pivots around over 20 hours of improvised performance and features an array of guest artists.
- TATAKU BEST OF KODO II 1994-1999CD / 2000.11.22, 2008.11.19 再発売 / SICC 1066Kodo’s second “Best of” album. Features selected tracks from 1994-1999.Details »
- tsutsumiCD / 1999.11.20 / SRCL 4670Original album using one-point recording to recreate a theater-like atmosphere.
- warabeCD / 1999.11.20 / SRCL 4671Original album exploring an array of musical expressions in a studio recording environment.
- sai-soCD / 1999.2.20 / SRCL 4469Remix project based on master album “Ibuki,” featuring six unique guest artists.
- Rock’n KodoVHS, LD / 1997.11.21 / SRVM 5603Live recording of “Gathering 1997 Rock’n Kodo” performance at Orchard Hall, Tokyo, Japan. Concert produced by Kiyohiko Semba.
- IbukiCD / 1996.12.1 / SRCL 3729Original album produced by Bill Laswell.
- THE HUNTEDCD / 1995.11.22 / SRCL 3438Original motion picture soundtrack for Universal Pictures “The Hunted,” starring Christopher Lambert.
- Live at ACROPOLISVHS, LD / 1995.10.1 / SRVM 477Live recording of Kodo’s first performance in Athens, Greece, at Odeon of Herodes Atticus Open-Air Music Hall on Acropolis Hill.
- Live at ACROPOLISCD / 1995.9.1 / SRCL 3304Live recording of Kodo performance at Odeon of Herodes Atticus Open-Air Music Hall on Acropolis Hill in Athens, Greece.
- Nasca FantasyCD / 1994.12.1 / SRCL 3103Original album. Created in collaboration with Isao Tomita, inspired by the mysterious “Nasca Lines.”
- BEST OF KODOCD / 1993.9.22, 2008.11.19 再発売 / SICC 1065Kodo’s first “Best of” album. Features tracks from 1988 – 1992.
- KODOVHS, LD / 1992.12.2 / SRVM 335Kodo’s first original video performance, recorded at Ryotsu Shimin Kaikan on Sado Island, Japan.
- KaikiCD / 1992.10.21 / SRCL 2480Original album. Features nine pieces composed by Kodo members.
- GatheringCD / 1991.10.25 / SRCL 2174Live recording of “Gathering” performance with Terumasa Hino, Yosuke Yamashita, & Lecei Wright at Orchard Hall, Tokyo, Japan.
- Mono-PrismCD / 1991.10.25 / SRCL 2175Live recording of “Mono-Prism,” a collaborative performance with composer/conductor Maki Ishii and the New Japan Philharmonic.
- IrodoriCD / 1990.10.21 / CSCL 1525Original album. Winner of “1991 Japan Gold Disc Award for Traditional Japanese Music Album of the Year.”
- BLESSING OF THE EARTHCD, Cassette / 1989.11.22 / CSCL 1033Second original album. Seeks to create a “world of sound” impossible to produce in a concert hall setting.
- UBU-SUNACD, Cassette / 1988.8.26 / 32DG 5011First album released by CBS Sony. Recorded at Ryotsu Shimin Kaikan on Sado Island, Japan.
- Heartbeat Drummers of JapanCD, Cassette / 1985 / CD-KODORecorded at 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- KODO II Live in CaliforniaCassette / 1983 / KODO-002Live recording of performance at Zellerbach Hall, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- KODO ILP, Cassette / 1982 / KODO-001Kodo’s debut album. Recorded at Iruma Shimin Kaikan, Saitama, Japan.