Sado Island Taiko Centre instructor Shin’ichi Sogo a.k.a. Shinchan-sensei is going to hold Taiko Experience workshops on all three days of Earth Celebration! Elementary school students and preschoolers (when accompanied by an adult) are also welcome to join in the fun at these workshops for beginners. You can reserve your place in advance or sign up on the day if spaces are still available. There will be a special shuttle bus operating from Marine Plaza Ogi to get you there, so hop on, come along, and enjoy the vibrations of the taiko with your whole body.
- Dates & Times
- (Each workshop is 1 hour long)
Aug. 17 (Fri) 10:00 – 11:00, 13:30 – 14:30, 15:00 – 16:00
Aug. 18 (Sat) 10:00 – 11:00, 13:30 – 14:30, 15:00 – 16:00
Aug. 19 (Sun) 10:00 – 11:00, 13:30 – 14:30
- Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan)
*Shuttle bus for participants available from Marine Plaza Ogi.
- Adults 2,000 yen, Children ages 6-11 1,000 yen
*Each preschooler must be accompanied by an adult. The adult and child will use one taiko drum together and one adult fee will be charged.
- 25 people per session
- Shin’ichi Sogo (Shinchan-sensei)
- This program is aimed at beginners. Workshop conducted in Japanese only.
(1) From July 21 (Sat) until 13:00 on Aug. 16 (Thu), please apply directly to Sado Island Taiko Centre by telephone, fax or email.
(2) From 13:00 on Aug. 16 (Thu), please apply in person at the EC Info Centre (Marine Plaza Ogi). *Applications will close when each workshop reaches its capacity.
Inquiries & Bookings
Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan)
Tel. 0259-86-2320 Fax. 0259-86-2385
Email: email@example.com (English assistance available by fax or email)